Thursday, March 29, 2018

First Day Filming


     Vicente and I have finally started the filming process. As previously mentioned, the first day will consist of filming in my house and tomorrow we will go to Markham Park to film extra in case what we have planned is too short. The filming process consisted of two parts: the photos and then acting in the bedroom. 

     The photo part was very easy; all it consisted of was doing a steady pan over a few of my baby photos. The lighting was almost perfect already since it was late afternoon when we filmed. We just used two phone flashlights to create the perfect shot we wanted.  My TV friends were suggesting to me to only use four pans of the photos or else it may get boring.  This may lead to a shorter time than I thought for the film opening, so I'm glad that we're filming some extra stuff tomorrow.  

     For the actual acting portion, the filming went relatively well.  The three of my friends that were used as extras did a very good job acting.  I was actually very surprised at how good one of them was at acting.  My other friend who was acting as the cameraman did a very good job.  After every shot I would look at what he filmed and would approve it, fulfilling my duties as director.  For my acting ability ,however, I was not so great.  I knew going into this I'm not the best actor, so I went in with low expectations for myself.  With that mindset, I did not do too terrible so we were able to get all of the required shots.  Hopefully all will be just as well tomorrow.



     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection       The final part of my project is finally complete: my CCR.  This whole journey has been an interest...