Sunday, March 25, 2018

Fake Blood Bonanza


     As mentioned in my last post, I am creating fake blood in order to make the story of death in the film opening slightly more obvious.  After doing some research, I found a recipe that would result in the correct texture and color to make it look realistic.  Below is a list of ingredients and instructions on how to make it, available on this website with a few other different recipes to make fake blood for several circumstances.


     After deciding that this is the recipe I wanted to use, I gathered all of the ingredients and mixed it as the instructions said.  The results turned out a lot better than I expected; as shown in the photo below, the fake blood turned out to be the right color and looked very realistic.


    The one issue I had was that the fake blood acted too much like a liquid.  Although this doesn't seem like that big of a problem, it would seem off on film.  To solve this issue, I simply added more corn starch and mixed it thoroughly.  This made the mixture the same thickness as real blood, making it much more realistic.  The next time I post, I should have a list of people I will have to act in my film.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection       The final part of my project is finally complete: my CCR.  This whole journey has been an interest...