Friday, March 9, 2018

Target audience Tango


     Vicente and I agreed that it would be so much easier to decide on a tone for our film if we figured on a target audience for our entire film.  To do this, we will compare the idea of our film to movies with a similar genre to ours that can only be described as paranormal drama. Two movies that fit that criteria are The Sixth Sense and Constantine. 
     
     Constantine is an action thriller with a heavy focus on a supernatural battle between heaven and hell.  The movie was rated R and had a target audience of adult males 18-45.  I feel as if I will use some aspects of the film and ignore others.  Like Constantine, my movie will revolve around a mystic world with biblical context; however, we both felt that since the movie is about a neutral zone, it would not have as much action.  The Sixth Sense about how a young child can see and talk to dead people.  What I like about this movie's tone is that it does not try to be scary, only   creepy and anxious.  The target audience of this movie is slightly younger with boys and men aged 15-45.

     After my partner and I looked at these similar movies, we decided that we are going to stick with a serious tone and a more mature feel to our film opening.  Not only would it fit our newly decided target audience of adults aged 18-45 (based on looking at both the films above), but it also help keeps the suspense and drama that is consistent of the genre.  What this also means is that I will have to change my song choices since they don't fit the tone.  The one song that I would have possibly used is "Stairway to Heaven", but my teacher advised me to choose a different one since it may be impossible to get permission to use.  For my next blog post, I will focus on trying to get a song to use that does not require permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection       The final part of my project is finally complete: my CCR.  This whole journey has been an interest...